Thursday, June 9, 2011

The rest of the day....and into the next

After we went home, we stopped at Jack in the Box, and I got a burger, drink and egg roles. I was starving. It was pretty quiet the rest of the day, but I was a basket case. Facing MAJOR surgery, and the possibility of cancer scared me pretty well. I can handle external threats to myself because I feel like I can control what happens, but this is different. I will have to place my life in the hands of someone else who I don't know, and I really won't have any control over what happens.

The next morning, I scheduled an appt with my Primary care doc so I can get some sleeping aids and anxiety meds. My Dr is very nice and understanding and she was honest to me, saying "You are highly educated, so it's not like I can just say, There There, it will be alright, like I can to some other patients.". We also got the ball rolling on the surgeon referral.

I then went and talked to my boss, telling him I what was going on and that I'd be a bit busy for the next month or two. I then went home and tried to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment